Planning & Zoning Commission (P&Z)
Meeting Dates and Times
Generally the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m., or as necessary.
Granbury City Hall, 116 West Bridge Street, Granbury, Texas
Duties and Qualifications
Makes recommendations to City Council regarding requests for Specific Use Permits, zoning changes, ordinance amendments, and plats. Makes recommendations to the City Council regarding achievable goals, plans, programs and policies for the total development of the City. Renders decisions regarding Tree Conservation Plans.
- Board consists of eight (8) members at large.
- All members must be registered voters of the City of Granbury.
- All members must reside in the city limits of Granbury and have resided for at least twelve (12) months preceding his or her appointment within the corporate limits of the City.
- Members shall not be in arrears in the payment of any taxes or other liabilities due the City.
- A person who is related within the second decree by affinity or within the third degree by consanguinity to any City Councilperson, Mayor, City Manager and/or Department Head may not be appointed to this board.
- This board serves two (2) year terms.
- Ex Officio (non-voting) members: Community Development Director and City Planner
(Zoning Ord., Ord. 91-433, City Charter Sections 10.01 and 10.02)
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application to the City Secretary's Office.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: P.O. Box 969, Granbury, Texas 76048
- In Person: 116 W Bridge St, Granbury, Texas 76048
Current Commission Members
A list of all current board and commission members can been found here.