About the Scams
Credit card frauds continue to increase. The most common consumer-oriented frauds are:
- Imprinting a larger amount than the actual purchase.
- Imprinting two vouchers - one for the actual transaction, the other to be used later when a fraudulent amount is entered, a signature is forged, and the voucher is submitted for payments.
- Using valid credit card numbers obtained from the carbon paper inserts of the voucher for mail or phone orders.
How to Avoid
- Compare the imprinted and handwritten amounts before signing.
- Retain all vouchers and reconcile your account monthly.
- Retain and destroy all carbon paper inserts.
- Report lost cards immediately.