Purchasing provides centralized purchasing services to ensure that quality products and services are provided on a timely basis at competitive prices. This division is also responsible for vehicle inventory and disposal of city-owned surplus property.
- Conduct sale of city-owned surplus property according to city statutes.
- Process invitations, forbids and requests for proposals according to state law.
- Process purchase orders in a timely manner according to state laws, city charter, ordinances and procedures.
Requirements For Potential Vendors
A person or business, and their agents, who seek to contract or enter into an agreement with the city are required, by Texas Local Government Code, to file a conflict of interest questionnaire. The form must be filed with the city secretary no later than seven days after the date the person or business begins contract discussions or negotiations with the city, or submits an application, responds to a request for proposals or bids, correspondence, or other writing related to a potential agreement with the city.
Such persons and businesses, and their agents, must also file an updated questionnaire not later than September 1 of each year in which the person or business begins contract discussions or negotiations with the city, or submits an application, responds to a request for proposals or bids, correspondence, or other writing related to a potential agreement with the city, and within seven days after the date of an event that would make a filed questionnaire incomplete or inaccurate. An updated complete questionnaire is not required if the person or business filed a questionnaire or updated questionnaire after June 1 but before September 1.
Current Bids & Requests
- 2022 RFP for Classification and Compensation Study
- Addendum #1 for 2022 RFP Classification and Compensation Study
- Addendum #2 for 2022 RFP Classification and Compensation Study
- RFP 21-22-13 SCADA Improvements
- RFP 21-22-14 Water Treatment Plant Air Compressor Programming
Previous Bids & Requests
- 2021 RFQ for City Attorney Services
- 2021 RFP for Water Treatment Chemicals
- 2021 RFP for Airport Aviation Fuel Supplier