All offices for the City of Granbury will be closed for regular business on Wednesday due to inclement weather. All essential personnel are to report to work, and City management is keeping a close eye on the weather and driving conditions to determine if there will be further closures.
Other important updates include:
• There are several “warming centers” and shelters open around Granbury, and Hood and Somervell Counties. Those without power can visit over Tuesday night and into Wednesday are welcome to visit the Granbury High School gymnasium (2000 W. Pearl St, Granbury, TX, 76048, 817-408-4600)
• Lake Granbury Conference Center (621 E. Pearl St, Granbury, TX 76048, 682-936-1200) -- 250 open slots, warming center only, bathrooms available, open till 8 p.m., citizens are welcome to bring their own food and drinks, there will be showings of family-friendly movies.
• Granbury Church of Christ (1905 W. Pearl St., Granbury, TX 76048, 817-573-2613) – 100 open slots, warming center, food is available.
• Pecan Baptist Church (7178 Fall Creek Hwy, Granbury, TX 76049, 682-205-1565) – 200 open slots, warming center.
• First Christian Church of Granbury (2109 W. US Hwy 377, Granbury, TX 76048, 817-573-5431) – 50 open slots, shower facilities available (*bring your own showering implements, and bring your own blankets).
• Somervell County Exposition Center (202 BO GIBBS BLVD, W. Hwy 67, Glen Rose, TX 76043, 254-897-4509) Shelter with cots, must bring all blankets
• Granbury Emergency Services be provided at a limited capacity and only to provide services to utility, fire and police emergency requests. Citizens can call 911 in these cases.
• Rolling blackouts continue to plague portions of Granbury and Hood County and will persist through at least Thursday.
o ERCOT issued a Level 3 Energy Emergency Alert, Monday, and is currently maintaining that status
• The City’s garbage and recycling contractor, Waste Connections, has pushed all trash, recycle and other collections back to Friday. They will work to catch up on collections as weather permits.
• The Granbury Independent School District’s plan previously announced for this week continues to be in effect. Both Wednesday and Thursday will be remote instruction days with alternative assignments.
For Further News & Updates, please visit:
• City of Granbury – www.granbury.org or 817-573-7030, or after business hours at 817-588-0488
• City of Granbury Utilities – http://www.granbury.org/19/Utility-Service-Information or 817-558-0488
• Granbury ISD – www.granburyisd.org or 817-408-4000
• Tri-County Electric Co-op, Inc. -- www.tcectexas.com or 817-444-3201
• United Cooperative Services -- https://ucs.net/ or 817-326-5232
The City of Granbury highly recommends that ALL Granbury residents sign up for emergency notifications through the City’s website, www.granbury.org. Click on the “Notify Me” icon on the middle of the front page and follow the prompts to receive breaking news, employment opportunities and other essential updates.
For questions or more information, please contact Granbury Public Information Officer Alex Southern at 817-573-6764 or firstname.lastname@example.org