Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
As rolling blackouts are continuing throughout the area, the City of Granbury has begun working with local area churches, non-profits and others to open “warming centers” and shelters throughout the area.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, City officials recommend calling ahead to check on the availability of open spots and any other restrictions that may apply with the warming centers and shelters. Also, all Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 restrictions will be in effect at all locations.
Those seeking shelter should bring their own masks and blankets. Those bringing pets must keep them on leashes or in kennels. The following locations are open to Granbury and Hood County residents:
• Lake Granbury Conference Center (621 E. Pearl St, Granbury, TX 76048, 682-936-1200) -- 250 open slots, warming center only, bathrooms available, open till 8 p.m., citizens welcome to bring their own food and drinks, will be showing family-friendly movies.
• Granbury Church of Christ (1905 W. Pearl St., Granbury, TX 76048, 817-573-2613) -- 100 open slots, warming center, food is available.
• Pecan Baptist Church (7178 Fall Creek Hwy, Granbury, TX 76049, 682-205-1565) – 200 open slots, warming center.
• First Christian Church of Granbury (2109 W. US Hwy 377, Granbury, TX 76048, 817-573-5431) – 50 open slots, shower facilities available (*bring your own showering implements, and bring your own blankets).
• Somervell County Exposition Center (202 BO GIBBS BLVD, W. Hwy 67, Glen Rose, TX 76043, 254-897-4509) Shelter with cots, must bring all blankets
• Granbury High School gymnasium – (2000 W. Pearl St, Granbury, TX, 76048, 817-408-4600) warming center
In order to be admitted to any warming center or shelter patrons must:
1. Abide by health guidelines by wearing a mask and social distancing.
2. Pets are permitted but must be on a leash or in a carrier. No aggressive animals will be allowed.
3. Bring their own blankets and snacks. No food will be available, except where noted above.
4. Bathroom facilities are available at most facilities.
For further questions, or for more information, please contact Granbury Public Information Officer Alex Southern at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-573-6764.