Preventing Family Violence

Notice to Adult Victims of Family Violence

It is a crime for any person to cause you any physical injury or harm even if that person is a member or former member of your family or household.

Family Protection Orders

If you, your child, or any other household resident has been injured, or if you feel you are going to be in danger when the officer leaves or at a later time, you have the right to ask the local law enforcement agency to file a criminal complaint against the person committing family violence and apply to a court for an order to protect you. Consult the County Attorney's Office regarding this order. Read frequently asked questions about the family protection order.

The court can enter an order that:
  • The abuser not commit further acts of violence
  • The abuser not threaten, harass, or contact you at home
  • Directs the abuser to leave your household
  • Establishes temporary custody of the children and directs the abuser not to interfere with the children or any property

A violation of certain provisions of court-ordered protection, such as the first two items above, is a criminal offense.
  1. Granbury, Texas Homepage

The City of Granbury

  1. 116 W Bridge Street,

  2. Granbury, TX 76048

  3. Phone: 817-573-1114

  4. Staff Directory

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow