- Boards & Commissions
- Historic Preservation Commission
Historic Preservation Commission
Meeting Dates and Times
Generally the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 4:30 p.m., or as necessary
Granbury City Hall, 116 West Bridge Street, Granbury, Texas
Duties and Qualifications
Adopts criteria for the designation of landmarks, promote historic preservation, and increase awareness of the value of historic, cultural, and architectural preservation. Hears and decides on applications for Certificates of Appropriateness regarding properties in historic districts.
- Board consists of not more than seven (7) members. Applicants must apply for a specific seat on the board:
- A minimum of four (4) members of the Commission must be owners of a landmark or of property in a historic district. One (1) member may be a member of the Hood County Historical Commission. The remaining voting members of the Commission must be residents of the City of Granbury or own real property located within the corporate limits of the City of Granbury, Texas; however, this requirement shall not apply to the member representing the Hood County Historical Commission.
- A person who is related within the second decree by affinity or within the third degree by consanguinity to any City Councilperson, Mayor, City Manager and/or Department Head may not be appointed to this board.
- This board serves two (2) year terms.
- Ex Officio (non-voting) members: City Planners
(Ord. 94-483, City Charter Section 10.01)
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application to the City Secretary’s Office.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: P.O. Box 969, Granbury, Texas 76048
- In Person: 116 W Bridge St, Granbury, Texas 76048
Current Commission Members
A list of all current board and commission members can be found here.