- Economic Development
Highway & Truck
Granbury is located along U.S. Highway US 377, 30 miles from Fort Worth, with accessibility to other major highways including connections to I-20, I-30, I-35W, I-820, and US-67.
- US 377 provides a direct link to Interstate 20 and Dallas/Fort Worth
- FM 51 connects Granbury with Interstate 20 and Weatherford
- SH 144 connects Granbury to Highway 6 which links to I-35
- TX-567 Loop, SH-51 to I-20
- TX-567 Loop, SH-US 377 to I-20
- TX-567 Loop serves as the designated truck route on the north side of the city
- FM 4 to US-67
US 377 traverses from the Texas/US Border from Del Rio, Texas to Oklahoma. Over 1,600 truck transportation firms are located in within a 30 minute drive time of the Commerce Centre of Granbury.
|Distance to Highways from Granbury|
Distance to Other Major Cities
|Source: Google Maps|
With the rapid population growth in Granbury and Hood County, the City, County, Council of Governments and Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) work together to plan and implement highway and mobility projects. Below are links to transportation project information and resources.
- US 377 Relief Route (txdot.gov)
Passenger & freight air service via Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Dallas Love Field Airport, Fort Worth Alliance Airport and Granbury Regional Airport.
- DFW International Airport a major Hub, is located 65 miles and Dallas Love Field is 69.2 miles from Granbury.
The Granbury Regional Airport is to undergoing a major expansion and adding a new 5,200 runway with plans to construct a new terminal building. With the expansion the airport will have over 30 acres of aeronautical sites, eventually with nearly 12 acres of runway access available when completed.
Rail service is provided by Fort Worth & Western Railroad (FWWR) short line connections to BNSF, UP, Kansas City Southern, and Texas Pacifico, connecting to Ferromex at the Mexican border crossing of Presido/Ojinaga. Intermodal service is available at Alliance, north Fort Worth, which is 55 miles from Granbury. The Union Pacific Dallas Intermodal Terminal is located 74 miles from Granbury.
Public transit is available with the Granbury Trolley and through the The Transit System that provides service to DFW.